I love spring! Ah! Hey, I'll even take the gloomy days of snain (snow/rain) that are thrown in there. I finally get to play in the yard! I enjoy ripping out weeds when they're tiny and almost cute in their attempt to uglify my flower beds. I love the smell of dirt, even the garden amending dirt that contains poo. And seeing the soft baby leaves pushing their way through the soil? Awwww! Oh, and the planting. The PLANTING! All through the dreary winter months I look through plant catalogues and gardening books, fantasizing about what plant to put where. Now, you may think my yard is lovely, but let's not be hasty, m' kay? I don't have the financial backing to really go all planty, but I'm getting there. I'm about 87% sure that there's an old lady trapped in my body. Not only is she just dying to dig in the earth, she's thinks it's funny to wake up before the sun and enjoys eating dinner at 4:30pm. I'm applying for my AARP membership later today.


No comments:
Post a Comment