Okay I'll blog; because let's face it, if everyone jumped off a cliff, I would too- if I could land in pudding.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Winning can be humiliating.
I love the people I work with. They're all so fun and special... for realsey reals. It was decided last week that our little team would make our own valentine boxes and vote on who's was the most valentiney. I learned about the contest the day before and decided to give it a go. I'm pretty sure I put WAY too much effort into my creation and I won. Yay, right? NO! I'm pretty sure it was a pity win! "Aw, poor Lauren doesn't have a life so she spent 17 hours making her box. Lets give her the win, as she obviously has nothing else in her life to give her purpose." DAMN IT! Why can't my creations simply be mediocre? I am cursed with this blasted talent! True, I spent a fair amount of time with a glue gun and conversation hearts, but should I be pity punished because of my creative genius? I only spent around 2 hours gluing. Perhaps that was too many hours. Oh no. I don't have anything else to do. "J, play with these scissors while Mommy gets way too excited about candy hearts."
4 comments:
Wow woman! I have no idea how you come up with things like that. I keep telling Derek that I need to hang out with you for oh about 10 years so that I can learn from you.
You are truly a genius. You need to find a way to market it. And if you think you can make a lot of money, I want in.
You let your kid play with scissors, too? We need to get together more often. I use regular glue though because I burn myself every time I use a hot glue gun. Also, I am sure that I have a couple quarters in my couch if you are short on repaying D-man. I will trade you for you verde recipe.. yum yum
you are so hilarious. if i only had half the wit.
Post a Comment